By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Competition is operated in accordance with guidance issued by the UK Gambling Commission so as to be a skill-based competition rather than a lottery or other form of gambling under applicable UK law.
COMPETITION: The Competition operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit entries via the website www.cadivus.co.uk to win the Prize.
PRIZE: A 963 year lease on two-bedroom apartment in South Kensington, London, with two bathrooms, at Flat 10, 71-72 Princes Gate, Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2PA (Title No. NGL457717) worth circa of £2,000,000. The Prize also includes stamp duty tax at single property tax rate (www.tax.service.gov.uk/calculate-stamp-duty-land-tax) or second home tax rate (if applicable), solicitors conveyancing fees worth £7,500 (plus VAT)and a cash sum of £10,000 to cover the first year’s utilities, council tax, service charge and ground rent.
The Promoter will donate 1% of all funds raised through ticket sales to a charity.
In the event that the Minimum Number of Entries is not met by the Closing Date, the Prize will be calculated as 50% of the total value of the funds raised from all Entry Fees less the charity donation, booking fees, any applicable taxes and administrative and marketing expenses incurred by the Promoter.
QUESTION: The question which the Entrants must answer correctly (in substantial accordance with the answer held by the Promoters) to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize.
ENTRY: An answer submitted to the Question by the entrant to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize. ENTRANT: Any person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who enters the Competition through the Website to win the Prize.
ENTRY FEE: The fee of £10.00 (plus £1.00 for booking fee per transaction) that an Entrant must pay per entry to enter the Competition.
WINNER: The Entrant chosen at random on or after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
OPENING DATE & TIME: 12:00 12 December 2018
CLOSING DATE & TIME: 23:59 12 June 2019
MINIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES: 300,000
1. By entering the Competition via the Website, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all contact details requested by the Promoters (which must include first name, last name, address, a valid e-mail address and contact telephone number) which will be used for the following purposes:
2. All entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoter with accurate and current contact details. Entrants may request that the Promoter modifies or updates contact information supplied during the course of the Competition by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting their ticket number.
3. All Competition entries must be received no later than the Closing date. Entries after the Closing date will be invalid and are automatically disqualified. If the Minimum Number of Entries is received before the Closing Date, no further entries will be accepted.
4. The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
6. The Competition is operated by the Promoter.
7. The Competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over excluding the Promoter, their immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), agents, employees, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or conductor administration of the Competition. Entries made by the Entrants to the Competition will only be valid if made via the Website as instructed.
8. Entrants must ensure that their participation (including the acceptance of any prize awarded) is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which they are a citizen and/or resides. This Promotion is void where void under local national laws. The Promoter shall not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual’s participation, or as to any other aspect of any Promotion.
9. By entering into the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment of £10.00 (plus £1.00 for booking fee per transaction) per entry to answer the Question and thereby enter the Competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize. Payments will only be accepted in pounds sterling.
10. The Promoter does not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize due to fluctuations in the housing market.
11. Only completed Entries will be entered into the Competition.
12. The Entrants and the Promoter recognise that the Competition, it’s administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoter and Entrants recognise that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or it’s administration.
13. By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions
14. By entering the Competition, all entrants confirm that they are eligible to enter the Competition and to claim any prize. The Entrants and the Promoter recognise that the Promoter may require proof of an Entrant’s eligibility.
15. There is no limit to the number of entries that any one person can make via the Website.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
17. The Prize will be transferred by the Promoter to the Winner of the Competition free from all mortgages or charges and other encumbrances, at the Promoter’s expense and including all fees, charges and taxes as stated and registered in the Winner’s name. Full information on Prize can be found by visiting: www.cadivus.co.uk/the-apartment/
18. All future bills or charges associated with the Prize become the sole responsibility of the winner. Entrants must ensure that they are able to make these payments before entering this Competition.
19. The Winner shall ensure that the Prize is registered at HM Land Registry in the Winner’s name.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable.
21. Winners are responsible for any taxes or expenses not expressly included in the Prize.
22. The price of entering the competition is £10.00 (plus £1.00 for booking fee per transaction) per entry and is payable using the “Place Order” button on the “checkout” page of the Website.
23. In answering the Question, the Entrant recognises that they must exercise skill and judgement to give the correct Answer.
24. To conclude an entry into the Competition, an Entrant will be required to provide their name, contact number, email and confirm agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Card payment details will then be required, once the Entry is submitted, the Entrant’s card payment will be electronically approved by the Promotor’s chosen payment handler.
25. When either the Minimum Number of Entries or the Closing Date is reached (whichever is sooner), the Competition will close.
26. The Winner of the Prize will be the Entrant whose details are randomly drawn by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service.
27. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner as described above.
28. The Winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoter to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the card holder.
29. Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Competition.
30. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered into the prize draw to select one winner. The prize draw will be conducted by an independent promotional verification service within 5 working days of the of the Minimum Number of Entries being reached or the Closing Date (whichever is sooner). The Winner will be informed directly via the email address and/or telephone number provided on entry within 7 working days of winner selection. If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail, and/or telephone to the contact details submitted in their entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to an Alternate Entrant selected in the same method as described above. The Alternate Winner shall have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoters to communicate their acceptance of the Prize.
31. If the Minimum Number of Entries to the Competition is not met once the Closing date is reached, the Prize Winner will receive 50% of the total value of the funds raised from all Entry Fees less the charity donation, booking fees, any applicable taxes and administrative and marketing expenses incurred by the Promoter.
32. All Entry Fees will be retained by the Promoter’s chosen payment handler until the Winner has been selected through the random prize draw.
33. The Winner agrees to allow the Promoter to display their name on the Website. The name and county of residence of the Winner will be posted on the Website for the purposes of announcing the Winner of the Competition within 24 hours of the Winner being determined.
34. Save for death or personal injury the Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoters, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
35. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
36. These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoter.
37. The Promoter may request that the Winner participates in reasonable related publicity following the close of the Competition.
38. An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in:
39. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
40. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
41. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their future reference.